“28 was a turning point.
Showing me that I never want to live in a world where God is only as big as we make him.”~ me about to turn 29.
I’m about to turn 30 and I literally don’t even know what happened this last year. I’m trying to find words right now that aren’t just a mess of HA! and shaba and caffeine. I’m trying to figure out how to tell you about two halves of a year that are polar opposites, but both still so good. And I didn’t start this to be one: but here is a list. 29 things I want you to know about 29. WITH PICTURES.
1. I want you to know that I drink my coffee black now and that’s a big deal.
2. I want you to know that after years of making excuses of why I didn’t, I actually started reading my Bible for myself.
3. I want you to know that I am grateful for the people I did life with pre-28&29 because they are the foundation of why I was capable of being so brave.
4. I want you to know that I felt known.
5. I want you to know PEGARINA.
6. I want to tell you about people who showed me the Father’s love and a home that wrapped me up from the minute I set foot in it.
7.I want you to know that I met a new Christ I had never known before.
8. I want you to know that chose to believe.
9. I want you to know I learned that things weren’t such a big deal.
10. I want you to know the conversations I had looking at this view with people I knew for a day or for six months changed my life.
11. And I want you to know I kill at making omelettes and that sometimes lunches of spreadable brie and prosciutto and congas are the best ever. And that sweet potatoes and brussel sprouts are one of my love languages.
12. I want you to know that prophecy and revelation are daily practices in my life.
13.I want you to know that I found a voice I didn’t realize I had and words I didn’t feel capable of speaking and songs I didn’t know I could sing.
14. I want you to know that I still roll my eyes at cheesy Christian jargon but I will be the first to use it with my people when they need to be slapped across the face.
15. I want you to know that one of my favorite things I am called is Nina.
16. I want you to know I am proud of myself.
17. I want you to know I love my parents a lot.
18. I want you to know that I found joy in sitting with a pot of tea at the English tea room or a glass of wine at the wine museo or the shrimp tower at pampa.
19. I want you to know that it isn’t day drinking~ it’s lunch.
20. I want you to know I do my best writing in coffee shops.
21. I want you to know that the last 3 years of my life I have made some of the scariest but best decisions ever.
22. I want you to know that one of those scary best decisions is moving to Washington with this chick.
23. I want you to know that her friendship showed me more about God’s timing and sense of humor than I had ever known.
24. I want you to know that my new favorite book is “girl meets god” by Lauren F. Winner and that it will always make me think of 29.
25. I want you to know that I made wedding cakes and birthday cakes and realized how much heart and life I can pour into baking.
26. I want you to know whether I am 3 years old or 30 this is still my best friend.
27. I want you to know that my life theme is to #chooselovely
28.I want you to know that my faith was broken in the most beautiful way.
29. I want you to know I fell in love.
And 30 for luck and for life- I want you to know that I prefer my water with bubbles.
So I raise my glass to 29. I thank it for its adventure, its people, its tears, its wine, its laughter and its love.
Here is to 30 and everything it will hold.
Let’s do the damn thing.
6 responses to “I want you to know I prefer my water with bubbles: 29.”
It’s hard to type when your crying your eyes out! How would of known that those beautiful blonde3 yr old preschoolers should be life long friends. I have loved having you in our lives and watching you grow into the amazing person you are today. Happy birthday Meghan, I love you! P.s. #15 calls me nanna and I love it too! Lol
Thanks Vicky! Love you!
You go girl! Here’s to the next 30. Excited to see what they bring.
Me too! Can’t wait to see you at CAMP!
YES to all of this.
thank you thank you my sweet friend!